Au Pair in Australia
Australia is a country full with incredible landscapes, rich flora and fauna and of course incredible beaches. The “land Down Under” will also let you improve your English skills. Find out more! Get ready to live this experience!
Au Pair in Australia
- Age: 18 – 30 years
- Length of stay: 3 – 12 months (max. 6 months with the same Host Family)
- Working hours: 25 – 35 hours per week
- Holiday: 2 weeks holiday for a 6 months stay. Au Pairs should have at least one day off per week. At least one free Sunday every month.
- Traveling expenses: Au Pairs must pay for their own travel expenses.
- Insurance: In Australia, Au Pairs should pay for their own insurance. It is important that the insurance protects you from accidents, medical emergencies and sickness. Pocket money: 150 – 230 AUS $ per week (about 7 AUS$ per hour).
- Visa requirements: Working Holiday Visa
- You are between 18 and 30 years old
- You are fluent in English
- You are healthy and non smoker
- You like to take care of kids
- You are a candidate for the Working Holidays
- You are not married or have children of your own
- Your country has a Working Holiday agreement with Australia
Complete your application and send it to the agency. Once you have gathered all the documents, the agency will send your profile to their partner in Australia and start the search for a Host Family.
2. Find a Host Family
The Australian partners will look for a family for you and send them your application!
If the Host Family is interested, the agency will send you their application so you can arrange a video call. Be sure to ask a lot of questions and reach an agreement. Remember to include all the important points in the contract.
Be sure to apply for the Working Holiday Visa for your stay. Be sure to contact the Australian Embassy to get more information.
Book a flight and prepare everything for your amazing stay in Australia.
The Au Pair in Australia adventure is possible with a Working Holiday Visa. There are two subclases:
Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 462): Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay and the USA.
Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417): Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Sweden and Taiwan.
To apply for these visas, the stay must be approved by the Australian Government. Au Pairs will also need to prove they have at least $5000 AUD in a bank account. In some cases, they also need to meet certain educational requirements.
In Australia, Au Pairs can stay up to 6 months with the same Host Family. They will apply for a 6-month visa then apply for an extension once they found a new Host Family.
Remember that the Working Holiday Visa can only be approved for up to a year.
To apply for the visa you need a private insurance. This is not only a requirement but it is also a way to be safe while leaving abroad.
Au Pair Workshops
Au Pair agencies organize free information meetings in which you can find out more about the Au Pair Programs. Of course, this is also the perfect chance to learn more about the stay in Australia.
To help you get ready for your adventure, agencies also offer Workshops in which you will learn more about the responsibilities during the stay, get ideas for children games share some tips on how to deal with homesickness and adapt to your Host Country.