China is opening its doors to the world and inviting you to come in! Travel as an Au Pair to this booming country and discover its millennial culture. A lot of Chinese families are looking for English speaking Au Pairs to help their children learn this language. They are also very interested to know more about western culture!
Au Pair in China – At a Glance
Age: 18 – 29 years old
Length of stay: 3 – 12 months
Working hours: 25 – 35 per week
Chinese lessons: 8 – 10 hours a week
Pocket money: a monthly amount of 700 – 2000 RMB
Travelling expenses: your Host Family will pay for the travel costs up to 5000 RMB
Insurance: You need a private international health insurance
- speak at least basic Chinese and have a good command of English.
- are between 18 and 29 years old
- do not have any health problems
- are responsible and have experience taking care of children
- can apply for a visa
Au Pair in China – Visa application
You can take part in China’s Au Pair program through two different visas: F type and x type.
This visa is valid for stays up to 6 months and entitles a person to live in China with the following purposes:
- cultural exchange
- language courses
- business tour
If you want to stay longer longer than 6 months in China, you need to apply for the X Visa. This visa is required for:
- long term courses
The general requirements for the visa are:
- Invitation Letter
- The Host Family needs to send you an invitation letter before your appointment at the Embassy
- The contract needs to be signed by both Au Pair and the Host Family. Check that it includes the working hours, salary and a detailed list of chores
- Visa application
You can find more information about this visas at the Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country.