Au Pair in the Netherlands
Au Pair the Netherlands
Enjoy a year in a land of open culture, tulips and bikes. As an Au Pair in the Netherlands you will be able to live in the heart of Europe, improve your English and learn dutch!
Au Pair in the Netherlands
- Age: 18-31 years (Might not be 31 at the time of applying for the visa)
- Length of stay: 3 – 12 months
- Working hours: 30 hours per week. You can work up to 8 hours in their work days.
- Holiday: 2 days off per week. In a 12 month stay Au Pairs also get 2 weeks paid holiday.
- Traveling expenses: Covered by the Au Pairs
- Insurance: You can apply for the European Health Insurance Card. If you have any other nationality you will need a private insurance which cost is normally covered by the family.
- Pocket money: Normally 300 – 350 euros per month
- Visa requirements: If you come from a EU member country you do not need a visa. If you have another nationality, you need to apply for a visa with the help of an agency.
- Age: 18 – 26
- Single and with no children of your own
- Experience in Childcare
- Language: Advanced English and basic dutch
- Driving license: not mandatory (but its always an advantage)
- Insurance and medically fit
- Non Smoker
- Duration of the stay: at least 6 months, ideal 9-12 months
Send your application and wait for the agency to contact you with more details. Once you have gathered all the documents, the agency will send your profile to their partner and start the search for a Host Family.
2. Looking for a Host Family
Partner Agencies in the Netherlands will look for a family for you and send them your profile! Make sure to have a great one!
If the Host Family is interested, the agency will send you their application. Afterwards, you can plan a video call to get to know each other. If you reach an agreement, then congratulations!
Remember to apply for the Dutch visa in your country. You can contact your agency or the Dutch Embassy for more information.
Once you have a Host Family and the visa has been approved its time to get everything ready for your trip. The agency will give you the contact information from their partner in the Netherlands and also give you some advice for the stay.
If you are from any European Union Member country you will be able to travel to the Netherlands without a visa. However, all other nationalities need an Au Pair visa.
You will need to apply for the visa in your home country. This permit can only be approved if it is done with the help of one of the recognized agencies.They will send you all the important details and guide you through the application process up to your residence permit in the Netherlands.
If you are a citizen of the European Union you can get the European Helth insurance card which will grant you access to medical services in the Netherlands. If you come from another country please apply for a private insurance. A good option might be PROTRIP-WORLD.
Au Pair Workshops
Au Pair agencies organize free information meetings in which you can find out more about the Au Pair Programs and this amazing chance to live abroad.
Additionally, Agencies also offer Workshops in which you will learn more about the duties and daily life of an Au Pair in the Netherlands. They also share advice on how to deal with homesickness and adapt to the Dutch lifestyle. You can also share your concerns and doubts with your advisors.