Australia is a country full with incredible landscapes, rich flora and fauna and of course incredible beaches. The “land Down Under” will also let you improve your English skills. Find out more! Get ready to live this experience!

Au Pair in Australia – At a glance

Au Pair in Australia

Au Pair in Australia

Age: 18 – 30 years
Length of stay: 3 – 12 months (max. 6 months with the same Host Family)
Working hours: 25 – 35 hours per week
Holiday: 2 weeks holiday for a 6 months stay. Au Pairs should have at least one day off per week. At least one free Sunday every month.
Traveling expenses: Au Pairs must pay for their own travel expenses.
Insurance: In Australia, Au Pairs should pay for their own insurance. It is important that the insurance protects you from accidents, medical emergencies and sickness. Pocket money: 150 – 230 AUS $ per week (about 7 AUS$ per hour).
Visa requirements: Working Holiday Visa


Au Pair Australia

Au Pair Australia

You are between 18 and 30 years old
You speak good English
You are healthy and non smoker
You like to take care of kids
You are a candidate for the Working Holidays
You are not married or have children of your own
Your country has a Working Holiday agreement with Australia
Au Pair in Australia – Visa application
The Au Pair in Australia adventure is possible with a Working Holiday Visa. There are two subclases:
Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 462): Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay and the USA.

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417): Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Sweden and Taiwan.

To apply for these visas, the stay must be approved by the Australian Government. Au Pairs will also need to prove they have at least $5000 AUD in a bank account. In some cases, they also need to meet certain educational requirements.

In Australia, Au Pairs can stay up to 6 months with the same Host Family. They will apply for a 6-month visa then apply for an extension once they found a new Host Family.

Remember that the Working Holiday Visa can only be approved for up to a year.

Useful links:
Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
Apply for a Visa