Au-Pair New Zealand
Au-Pair in New Zealand
Being an Au-Pair in New Zealand has so much to offer! New Zealand is not only the land of incredible landscapes and the perfect place for nature lovers. This country is also a great place to improve your English and enjoy the laid-back and friendly “Kiwi” lifestyle.
Are you still wondering whether you would like to work & travel or become an Au-Pair? Good news: you can do both! But we would still like to provide you with some of the benefits that you enjoy as a participant of the program:
- benefit from your Host Family: they will show you the best places
- save money: you do not have to pay for accommodation and full board
- improve your English skills: you can talk with native speakers
- get experienced in childcare: this will improve your CV
Does that sound appealing to you? Then do not wait any longer and get more information here!
Facts about Au-Pair New Zealand
- Age: 18-30 years
- Length of stay: 6-12 months
- Working time: 25-40 hours a week. In addition 1-2 nights of babysitting per week.
- Holidays: 2 weeks paid holiday in a 6 months stay. You have a free day each week.
- Travel costs: You must pay for your own visa and travel expenses.
- Insurance: Covered by the Au-Pair
- Pocket money: 150-200 NZ $ per week
- Visa requirements: Working Holiday Visa
„The West Coast, the Alpes, Abel Tasman, Milford Sound, the deep, blue lakes, Queenstown, Wanaka etc. Incredible places, that you should definitely see. New Zealand ist just to ideal country to become an Au Pair!“ – Sabrina, Au-Pair in New Zealand
„This country is incredibly beautiful and the mentality of the people will infect you. Everyone is open and warm.“ – Anja, Au-Pair in New Zealand
Work and Travel
For those who would like to see more of New Zealand after their Au-Pair time, the Work and Travel program is suitable.
As a Work and Traveller, you travel the country and finance these trips through part-time jobs. This way, you will have the chance to discover New Zealand's culture and experience in a new way!
In case you are interested in this program you can get in touch with your agency.
For all those who want to discover the world, most agencies offer free information events where the Au-Pair program is presented.
In order to be optimally prepared for a stay as an Au-Pair, you can join one of these workshops. Here you will learn interesting facts about a day in the life of an Au-Pair, get ideas for games and solutions for homesickness or other possible conflict situations. You can also talk about your expectations and fears and exchange ideas with other future participants.