Au Pair in Ireland

Au Pair in Ireland

Do you want to improve your English skills? Do you want to discover the irish and celtic culture? Are you excited to live surrounded by green fields and vibrant cities? Then being an Au Pair in Ireland is perfect for you. Do not hesitate and start looking for a Host Family to live the adventure. Ireland is waiting for you!

Au Pair Ireland

  • Age: 18-30 years old / 18 – 27 years old non EU Au Pairs
  • Length of stay: 3 – 12 Months
  • Working hours: 25 – 35 hours per week
  • Holidays: 2 days off per week and 2 of weeks per year
  • Travel costs: paid by the Au Pair
  • Insurance: you can apply to the European Health Insurance Card if you are an Au Pair from a EU member country. If you aren’t a citizen of a EU-country, you need a private insurance.
  • Pocket money: 280 – 400 euro per month
  • Visa requirements: Au Pairs from EU and EFTA countries do not require a visa. If you have another nationality you need a visa and a residence permit.


  • Age: 21 – 30
  • Single and with no children of your own
  • Experience in Childcare
  • Language: Basic English
  • Driving license
  • Insurance and medically fit
  • Non Smoker
  • Duration of the stay: 10-12 months


1. Application
Send your application and documents to the agency. They will get in touch with you to give you more details regarding the placement.

2. Looking for a Host Family
The Partner Agency in Ireland will look for a family for you and send them your profile! Make sure to have a great one!

3. Placement
If the Host Family is interested, the agency will send you their application. Afterwards, you can plan a video call to get to know each other. If you reach an agreement, then congratulations!

4-. Visa

In case you need it, make an appointment to get the visa. You can contact your agency or the Irish Embassy for more information.

4. Departure

Once you have a Host Family its time to get everything ready for your trip to the green Ireland.  The agency will give you the contact information from their partner in Ireland and also give you some advice for the stay.


To be an Au Pair in Ireland as a non European Union citizen you will need a visa. That type of visa you require depends on your nationality.

Working Holiday Visa in Ireland

If you are a citizen of Argentina, Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea and Taiwan you can apply to a Working Holiday visa through a Youth Mobility scheme. Keep in mind that you can only submit your application in certain periods.

Work & Travel Visa

If you are a United States citizen you can apply for a Work & Travel visa. You need to be enrolled in High School or be recently graduated.

Student Visa in Ireland

If you have any other nationality you can be an Au Pair with a Student Visa. For this, you have to enroll in a course and be sure to have a work permit.

You will be able to work up to 25 hours a week. So please check that this time is enough for your family.


If you are a citizen of the European Union you apply to get the European Helth Insurance Card. This will grant you the access to medical services. If you come from another country please apply for a private insurance. A good option might be  PROTRIP-WORLD.



“I had an unbelievable time in Ireland. I got to know the country and its people and go to see what “behind the courtains” – Nicole, Au Pair in Ireland

Au Pair Workshops

Au Pair agencies plan free information meetings for all those interested in living abroad. During these meetings, they provide further details regarding the Au Pair program and the process to take part.

Additionally, Agencies also offer Workshops in which you will learn more about the duties and daily life of an Au Pair. They also share advice on how to adapt to a new culture and deal with homesickness.