Au-Pair in Ireland
Au-Pair in Ireland
Becoming an Au-Pair in Ireland offers you multiple benefits! Do you want to improve your English skills? Do you want to discover the Irish and Celtic culture? Are you excited to live surrounded by green fields and vibrant cities? Then being an Au-Pair in Ireland is perfect for you. Do not hesitate and start looking for a Host Family to live the adventure. Ireland is waiting for you!
You're not sure whether the program is the right choice for you? Nowadays there are many different programs for gap years, such as Work and Travel, Volunteering or Au pairing. Let us point out some advantages which only the Au-Pair program can offer you:
- free accomodation
- free board
- pocket money paid by the Host Family
- languages course + improving your language skills with natives
- adding a valuable experience to your CV
Au-Pair Ireland: Facts & info
- Age: 18-30 years old / 18 – 27 years old (non-EU Au-Pairs)
- Length of stay: 3 – 12 months
- Working hours: 25 – 35 hours per week
- Holidays: 2 days off per week and 2 weeks per year
- Travel costs: paid by the Au-Pair
- Insurance: you can apply to the European Health Insurance Card if you are an Au-Pair from an EU member country. If you are not a citizen of an EU-country, you need private insurance.
- Pocket money: 280 – 400 euro per month
- Visa requirements: Au-Pairs from EU and EFTA countries do not require a visa. If you have another nationality, you need a visa and a residence permit.
Au Pair Workshops
Au-Pair agencies plan free information meetings for all those interested in living abroad. During these meetings, they provide further details regarding the Au-Pair program and the process to take part in it.
Additionally, agencies also often offer workshops in which you will learn more about the duties and daily life of an Au-Pair. They also share advice on how to adapt to a new culture and deal with homesickness. And this is the best place to ask all of your questions, to receive important information about the stay - and of course to meet like-minded people who would like to start an adventure abroad!
If your agency does not offer such a workshop you can still get in touch with them. Moreover, you can find a lot of information for example on the page of AuPair.com. Their Wiki section explains you the most important terms and facts that you need to know.