Au-Pair in Germany
Do you want to become an Au-Pair in Germany? Good choice! Germany is the second most popular expat destination in the world and one of the most popular countries to be an Au-Pair. This country will surprise you with its natural beauty, medieval cities and rich history. Learn German with a Host Family and discover much more of this fantastic country!
You are still wondering whether the program is right for you? We compiled a short overview of your benefits:
- You will get pocket money from the Host Family
- You can improve your German while talking to natives
- The Host Family will support you in participating in a language course
- You will get full board and accommodation for free
- You will dive into the German culture like a tourist could never do
- Find international friends
Facts about the Au-Pair program in Germany
- Age: 18 – 30 (European Union) or 18 – 26 (other countries)
- Length of stay: 6 – 12 months
- Working hours: 30 hours per week.
- Holiday: You are entitled to 4 weeks of holiday during a one year stay. The program grants you at least 1-2 days off per week.
- Travel costs: You are responsible of paying for your travel expenses and visa process in case you need one.
- Insurance: The family pays for the Au-Pair’s insurance, this should cover cases of illness and accident.
- Pocket money: 260 € per month and 50 € for the language course.
- Visa: If you are a citizen of any European Union member country you do not need a visa. If you come from a different country you need to apply for the Au-Pair visa.