Au Pair in England

Au Pair England

The Royals, the Beatles, the afternoon tea and Fish and Chips. All this British icons surely make the UK a great Au Pair destination. The best part: you will improve your English skills.

Au Pair in England

  • Age: 17 – 30 years for European Union Citizens, 18 – 30 other nationalities
  • Duration: 6 – 24 months
  • Working time: 30 – 35 hours per week
  • Holiday: 4 weeks holiday for a 12-month stay. You will also have at least one day off per week. Once a month, this day must be a Sunday.
  • Travel costs: paid by the Au Pair.
  • Insurance: If you are an Au Pair from the EU you can apply for the European Health Insurance Card. If you have a different nationality then you will need a private health insurance. Host Families must register their Au Pair in the National Health Service (NHS).
  • Pocket money: 55 – 75 GBP per week



  • are 17 – 30 years old
  • speak English
  • are healthy and I don’t smoke
  • can pay your travel expenses
  • are entitled to a visa

Do not forget to verify all the information at UK Embassy in your residence country.


1. Application
After sending your application, the agency will send you an E-mail confirmation with more information regarding the process. Once you have gathered all the documents, the agency sends your profile to their partners to start the search.

2. Looking for a Host Family
The agency in England will look for a great host family for you! They will send them your profile so be sure to make it appealing!

3. Placement
If the Host Family is interested, the agency will send you their profile. Afterwards, you can organize a video call to get to know each other much better. If you reach an agreement, then do not forget to sign the contract!

4-. Visa
If you need a visa be sure to apply in your country.

4. Departure
Once you have a Host Family its time to book the flight. Get ready for the adventure in England!  The agency will give you the contact information from their partner in France.


If you are an Au Pair from one of the EU member countries, you do not need a visa for your stay. f you have a different nationality you might be able to live the experience through the Youth Mobility Scheme or with a Student Visa for a long stay with a work permit.

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

Citizens from: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong*, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea* and Taiwan* can apply for the Tier 5 Visa. This permit will grant them the chance to live and work in the United Kingdom.
***Citizens from these countries need to be sponsored in order to apply for the visa

Requirements to apply for a Tier 5 visa:

are between 18 and 30 years old
have interest in living and working in the UK for up to 2 years
have never been in the UK with a Working Holiday Visa
are not married and do not have children of your own
can prove you have an amount of 1,890 pounds in saving

Student Visa
If you are a candidate from another country can be part of the program through a Student visa. This permit will make it possible to study and work in most jobs – depending on the course’s level and the sponsor they have.

Please be sure to check all the details regarding visa regulations in the UK’s visas and migration website.


If you are a citizen of the European Union you can get the European Health insurance card. Remember that you need to apply for this benefit in your home country. If you come from another country please apply for a private insurance. A good option might be  PROTRIP-WORLD.



“England has always been fascinating for me because of the friendly and nice atmosphere and the wonderful accent!” – Karolin, Au Pair in England

Au Pair Workshops

If you are interested in the Au Pair programs you can always look for the workshops organized by local Au agencies. There you will be able to find out more about the Au Pair Programs.

To help you get ready for your Au Pair year, agencies also organize Workshops in which you will learn more about the daily life of an Au Pair in England, get ideas for children games and activities and some tips on how to deal adapt to the English lifestyle.  You can also share your concerns and doubts!