Being an Au-Pair in Australia will be one of the best adventures of your life! Not only is Australia a country full of incredible landscapes, rich flora and fauna. The “Land Down Under” will also let you improve your English skills.
After finishing high school or your bachelor's degree you might be wondering what to do next. Many people are looking for alternatives for a gap year. Of course, Australia is suitable for work and travel. But being alone in a foreign country can be scary for some people. Finding a Host Family in Australia is just the right thing for you when you would prefer to
- have the support of a Host Family
- delve into the everyday life of natives
- improve your language skills talking to native speakers
- save money, since you will not pay for accommodation or full board
This sounds great to you? Then find out more! We have compiled everything you need to know about the program in Australia. Get ready to live this experience!
Au-Pair in Australia
- Age: 18 – 30 years
- Length of stay: 3 – 12 months (max. 6 months with the same Host Family)
- Working hours: 25 – 35 hours per week
- Holiday: 2 weeks holiday for a 6 months stay. Au-Pairs should have at least one day off per week. At least one free Sunday every month.
- Traveling expenses: Au-Pairs must pay for their own travel expenses.
- Insurance: In Australia, Au-Pairs should pay for their own insurance. It is important that the insurance protects you from accidents, medical emergencies and sickness.
- Pocket money: 150 – 230 AUS$ per week (about 7 AUS$ per hour).
- Visa requirements: Working Holiday Visa
Au-Pair agencies organize free information meetings in which you can find out more about the Au-Pair program. Of course, this is also the perfect chance to learn more about the stay in Australia.
To help you get ready for your adventure, agencies also offer workshops in which you will learn more about the responsibilities during the stay, get ideas for children games, share some tips on how to deal with homesickness and adapt to your host country.