Au Pair.com for Hostfamilies and Au Pairs
What is an Au Pair?
An Au Pair is a young adult, who lives with a Host Family and takes care of their children and easy household chores connected to the kids for up to a year. In exchange to the help in child care, the Au Pair will be provided with free accommodation, full board and a monthly pocket money. As a new family member this person will also be part of the family’s life. During this time in a foreign country participants will get to know a new culture and improve their knowledge of the language spoken in the host country.
The Au Pair program is a cultural exchange program that is based on a mutual win-win situation.
Here you will get a first overview of the requirements, duties and regulations of being part of the Au Pair program.
The most famous countries for Au Pairs
Facts about us
- Building Host Family-Au Pair connections since 1996
- 78 Host Family countries
- 190 Au Pair nationalities
- 320 partner agencies from all round the world
This is us
We connect Host Families and Au Pairs for more than 20 years and help them to find each other and plan the stay. Sometimes there are soe questions coming during te process. We are here to support you anytime.
- You can give us a call and we will be glad to help you
- Send us an email to describe your problem and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Many questions can be answered if you read our FAQs.
- Search for specific topics regarding your questions in our encyclopedia.
Our team persists of people that are interested in cultures, languages and foreign countries. We know how important it is to plan everything as good as possible.
We organize Au Pair workshops several times during the year
- How does a usual day actually look like?
- Which games do kids like?
- How can I deal with homesickness and problems?
- You will meet like-minded persons and can exchange expectations and stories with them!
- A former Au Pair will share experiences of her stay.
Agency vs. Platform
There are many reasons why choosing a platform like AuPair.com is much better than working together with an agency.
In general both parties only need a few organization skills and they won’t have any problems to plan the Au Pair’s stay together.
With or without an agency Host Families and Au Pairs will have to look into different profiles of applicants and talk to them during a video-call to get to know them a little better and to check if you like the person on the other side. Host Families can ask for references and a criminal record if they want to make sure that the candidate has experience in child care.
Once you have decided which candidate you want to invite to become your Au Pair you will talk about the contract and sign it. It is important to talk about everything that is essential for the stay, just as the working hours, the pocket money, health insurance and visa reguations.
If the Au Pair needs a visa she/he will also have to apply for it and got to the embassy of the host country by herself/himself. An agency won’t be able to take this step for the participant.
Plus an agency is not responsible for all participants to enjoy the time together.