Au-Pair in Sweden
Au-Pair in Sweden
An Au-Pair in Sweden is the dream of many young women and men. The country is known for its beautiful landscapes, incredible summers and friendly people. For these reasons, Sweden has become a popular Au-Pair destination over the last years. This experience will not only help you learn a new language but also explore Scandinavia. Known for its high quality of life, Sweden is without a doubt a great place to experience a year abroad. But there are even more reasons to become an Au-Pair in Sweden:
- Swedes are known for their excellent English skills - you can get some practice with them
- Of course Sweden is the best place to improve your Swedish skills - talk to natives
- In case you are interested in the Nordic languages, Sweden is in general the right option for you, as Swedish combines parts of Danish and Norwegian
- As an Au-Pair, you will get paid by the Host Family in exchange for your help in childcare
- You get free accommodation and full board by the family since you are considered to be an additional family member
Au-Pair in Sweden: Facts and info
- Age: 18-30
- Length of stay: 1-12 months
- Working hours: 25 hours per week
- Holiday: You are entitled to 4 weeks holidays (during a 12 month stay).
- Traveling expenses: You have to pay for your own travel expenses.
- Insurance: If you come from a EU-country member you can process the European Health Insurance Card. In case you are not a permanent resident from any EU-country, the Host Family will need to get an insurance for you.
- Pocket money: 3.500 SEK per month
- Visa requirements: If you come from any EU member country, you do not need a visa. In case you are from another country, you will need to get a visa in your country of residence.
“I could discover Sweden with its culture, traditions and friendly people. Moreover I improved my English and learnt Swedish” – Julia, Au-Pair in Sweden
“I got to experience how life is outside of my world and realized how easy it is to win the love of people when you make the right thing. I can just recommend to live the Au-Pair experience!” Leonie, Au-Pair in Sweden
Many Au-Pair agencies organize information meetings to give you more details about the program and living abroad.
Some of them also organize workshops in which you will get tips for your stay, ideas for children games and also an insight on the responsibilities and daily life of an Au-Pair in Sweden. You can also contact the advisors and ask them all your doubts! Furthermore, such an event is the ideal opportunity to find friends who would like to pursue the same adventure like you.