Au-Pair in the Netherlands
Being an Au-Pair in the Netherlands can become the best experience of your life! Enjoy a year in a land of open culture, tulips and bikes. This country offers you appealing cities like Amsterdam, Groningen and Maastricht. And on the coast, you can even swim in the sea and enjoy the beach! As an Au-Pair in the Netherlands, you will be able to live in the heart of Europe, improve your English and learn Dutch!
Do you want to find out about the benefits as an Au-Pair? Let us tell you a few:
- Dive into the culture with a Dutch Host Family
- Improve your language skills with native speakers
- Save money since you do not have to pay for accommodation and full board
- Gain experience in childcare and add a new point to your CV
- Get more independent living abroad
Sounds appealing? Great! Then go on and find out about the requirements, the application for the program.
Facts about the Au-Pair program in the Netherlands
- Age: 18-26 years
- Length of stay: 3 – 12 months
- Working hours: 30 hours per week. You can work up to 8 hours per day.
- Holiday: 2 days off per week. In a 12-month stay Au-Pairs also get 2 weeks of paid holiday.
- Traveling expenses: Covered by the Au-Pairs
- Insurance: You can apply for the European Health Insurance Card. If you have any other nationality, you will need private insurance. The cost is normally covered by the family.
- Pocket money: Normally 300 – 350 € per month
- Visa requirements: If you come from an EU member country you do not need a visa. If you have another nationality, you need to apply for a visa with the help of an agency.
“I learnt so much during this time and lived so many cool experiences. I also met people from all over the world and found a second home!” – Sonja, Au-Pair in the Netherlands
“I had a great typical Host Family in which I felt much more like a family member as an employee” – Julia, Au-Pair in the Netherlands
Au-Pair agencies organize free information meetings in which you can find out more about the Au-Pair program and this amazing chance to live abroad.
Additionally, agencies also offer workshops in which you will learn more about the duties and the daily life of an Au-Pair in the Netherlands. They also share advice on how to deal with homesickness and adapt to the Dutch lifestyle. Of course, you can also share your concerns and doubts with your advisors. Moreover, this is the perfect place to find friends who also would like to work abroad!